They also did another pelvic ultrasound. They said that in the time between last week and now I have grown a cyst on my left ovary. They aren't too worried about it yet, but I will have to do another ultrasound in a week to see if that has changed.
They suggested that I continue with clomid for 3 more cycles without insemination. Due to some health concerns with James, they are nervous about doing insemination because it will bypass my body's natural defenses to this health issue. My body is responding great to the clomid. My progesterone level was at 16, which is perfect (considering before clomid it was 0.6).
The best news of the day was that as long as I am in infertility treatments, James and I get a free mental health counselor. I met with her today. She's really nice and seems to understand all of my feelings. She encouraged me to talk to her either through email, phone, or in person as often as I feel I need it. She also gave me a website that has forms to send to PG&E to petition them to change our insurance plan to have 100% infertility coverage. That would be wonderful if they did that so I won't have to take out a loan every time I see the doctor.
We were also offered a free class called "mind and body and infertility". I think this class will be great for us.
7 comments:
Yay for hope! And yay for your progesterone going up :)
I'm telling you, free counseling is awesome. Even if it's just somewhere for you to blab and blab and blab about nothing. Jim and I went a few times, and us just talking with a moderator was great for us.
Is the scar tissue maybe something that can to be removed? Bart's cousin went through an ordeal to be able to have kids, and I know she had
some tissue that was removed and possibly helped the situation.
I am not sure if it can be removed. They want me to take some more tests before they decide what to do about it. We will see.
Wow. My prayers are with you Kresta. I have a friend who tried to get pregnant for years with no sucess, they adopted a little boy and a couple years later her Dr decided that giving her a D&C (basically) would help the lining in her uterus some how. She got pregnant the next month or two. I believe she has endometriosis (sp?). I'm going to get her information and if you'd like I could give her your information. She's going to be trying again I believe. it might be nice to here a sucess story or maybe learn anything she learned...I hate being poked too. they could never find my vein either. It was horrible, every week for 5 months. I finally asked them to use a butterfly needle and that helped. Maybe... I know I don't know what you're going through, but I do understand the heartache associated with wanting a baby really badly. It's felt like an eternity since my misscarriage. I hate the waiting games and insurence, don't get me started on that. But I really hope it all works out, and soon. Sorry that was so long winded, I hope something in there helps a little.
Keep that positive outlook! It's good for your mental health and will also do wonders for your physical health as well. I love therapists and counselors! Isn't it great having someone who will listen to you, actually care about your struggles, and hope you triumph! Life is tough. I'm glad you are getting the help you need right now. My brother's wife is dealing with Endo. so if you need more info or advice let me know.
Got the invite Kresta, thanks!
I was wondering if you had any symptoms of the cyst that developed. I've heard those can be painful. Did you suspect it all or are you having pain from it after you found out?
I'm a huge advocate of therapy. I'm glad you and James have that. It's amazing how much it helps. I went back in 2005 for some issues and Dan and I went together. Just listening to someone else's perspective is so helpful. And they really do just listen and help you sort through everything in ways I never thought of.
kresta, thanx for the invite! i'm glad i can be apart of this w/you two and i hope that talking this out, will only help. i consider the kraucyk clan to be almost family and love you all to pieces! i, actually, have ovarian cysts myself and been having a lot of problems, lately. the doctors always told me i'd be able to get pregnant quick, though. now, more and more problems are occuring XOXO
Post a Comment