Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The New Department

Kaiser went through some major changes in 2008. One of those changes has greatly helped us. Kaiser now has an actual infertility department. Before they would send you to nurses or doctors that specialized in infertility but weren't able to offer any follow through. With this change they would have a doctor and a few nurses that only did infertility and were able to do as much with me as I was willing to do.

There were 2 things the nurse wanted me to do. The first was to take a glucose test. According to her, I failed my blood sugar test that I did when we first started the infertility, but once again the doctor wasn't able to do anything about it. The second was to come in one day 12 to get an ultrasound. Day 12 just happened to be a few days later.

I took my glucose test the morning of my appointment .... and I passed it. I then went to my appointment and had an intrauterine ultrasound. The nurse was able to show me my ovaries and the follicles. According to the size of the follicles, she was able to predict that I would be ovulating within 3-5 days. She also told me that she wanted to run a few tests because it looks like I might have poly cystic ovaries, but she said not to worry.

This is where we are at today. I will try to put a new posting any time we do something.

No comments: