Today I had to go into the lab again to check my progesterone levels. They will then be able to tell if
clomid is working the way it should in my body. I am starting to hate needles. They can never find my vein and they don't realize it until they have already stuck the needle in my arm. The nurse pulled the needle out and put it back in the same spot 4 times before she asked someone to help her find my vein. Ouch!
I have an appointment tomorrow to go over all of my lab work and talk about what our next step should be. I am starting to think that Kaiser set up this department to make more money and not to better help their clients.
4 comments:
I've had that experience way to many times. Now I tell the lab tec..."I'm a hard stick. I believe in you. You got ONE shot." If they miss........NEXT.
I'm going to have to try that next time!
My veins are bigger in my hands than in my arm (this isn't true for everyone, which I just recently learned). Anyway, if you're a freak like me you can always request that they take the blood from the veins you can actually see. I guess it hurts a little more in your hand ... but being poked several times in the arm isn't exactly painless :)
On my arms veins are visible and everywhere! For some strange reason I've had a lot of techs who couldn't find my veins. One time when the lady stuck me I felt her digging around and the needle moving. It's a good thing they had smelling salts nearby because I almost wanted to pass out!
Post a Comment