Monday, January 26, 2009

Paperwork is in

We sent in all of our paperwork yesterday! :)

I got a call today from them stating they received it, but since James and I have been married before, they need copies of our divorce decrees. So all that's left for us to do is CPR Classes, background checks, live scan, answer some questions about our life online, and create our online profile.

It seems like parenthood is actually a possibility now.

4 comments:

me said...

This is probably an obvious question...
what is live scan?

RMCarter said...

Very, very exciting!!! :)

Unknown said...

woohoo! I'm so excited! Also, tell Kolbri (the salad girl) congrats!

RMCarter said...

Hi Kresta, Feel free to use anything I write. It makes me feel not so alone when others identify with how I am feeling.

To answer 'me': Live scan is a fingerprinting system in CA. It uses your digital fingerprints to check your background. Teachers, law enforcement, etc etc (including prospective adoptive parents) are required to participate in live scan by having their fingerprints done.