Wednesday, May 14, 2008
We have officially started the process
We went to our adoption orientation last night. It was a long orientation but it was very informative. We learned that in order for us to adopt through the county we will have to get a foster care license. When we heard this we were worried that that meant we would have to be foster parents before we can adopt a child. Thankfully, that's not the case. We have one application already submitted and one more that we need to complete and turn in to the office in person. Once the application is turned in we will be scheduled for a home inspection. We are also required to take 9 classes, which will start on June 2nd. So, hopefully by August we should be in the pool to get a child. Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I just know you will be a great mom no matter how it happens! At least you are making progress to make the dream happen finally-
I'm so happy to hear that you guys are on your way!!! I hope that it goes smoothly and quickly. You really seem to have a great outlook on all of this though. I'll keep you in my prayers. You guys will be great parents!!!
home inspection? kresta, i know this will work out for you two. you're such a sweet, soft spoken, genuine person & the lord definitely has a child for you. he's just taking care of him and maybe isn't ready to let him go, yet.
If you two ever need a letter of recommendation I would LOVE to write one for you. I have written some for the LDS Social Services for some friends. Good luck. Whoever and however a child joins your family........that baby will be so lucky to call you parents!
I know I am coming late in the game here, but have you considered adoption through LDS services? My sister adopted through the Church and it was a wonderful experience (and a quick one too). Good luck guys!
He have considered LDS Services, but we think financially it will be smarter for us to go through the state. To adopt through LDS SS, we have to pay 10% of our income. It has to all be cash. That's too much money for us to pay. We have some of that amount saved, but we are spending it all on a house. If we adopt through the state it will only cost us $500. We feel that we will be able to provide a better life for a child if we don't take out loans to get them. We may still wind up going through LDS... who knows.
Kresta, this is a very sweet, very nice blog. I wish you didn't have to go through all of this. I truly believe that someday you will know why your baby took some time getting to you. One of my sons has a very good friend going through this also. In case you don't already know them, their website is
ourfertilitystory.blogspot.com
Also, are you aware of a group on line called 2ofus4now
I think it is an LDS group but I may be wrong as I have never checked it out. But it is for couples wanting to have a baby.
I will check your blog often. Thank you so much for letting me join. Dennis and I will keep praying for your family.
Love, Jill
This is good news. I guess all the paperwork and classes helps weed out those who are not serious. You two will make awesome parents.
Post a Comment