Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I had to get another ultrasound today. I emailed my doctor a few days ago to ask if I could increase my clomid dosage. She emailed me back and said that I wasn't supposed to take it for 3 months to give my body a break and see if anything happens naturally. I explained to her that we have been trying naturally for over 4 years and nothing has happened so far. I don't want to waste 3 more months. So she had me come in to make sure that the cyst they saw last time was gone. She said that clomid could cause cysts to grow so they wanted to make sure it was gone before I started it this month. Luckily, it is gone. She says my ovaries look wonderful. I am on cycle day 5 and my doctor said that I already have large follicles. The clomid seems to be doing it's job. She suggested that I go back down to 1 pill everyday instead of 2. I wasn't too happy about that so we came up with a compromise, which I think makes more sense. This month I will take the 2 pills and then next month we will start a new medicine called femara (or something like that). Femara works the exact same way as clomid, but doesn't have any of the negative side effects. I don't understand why they don't prescribe this instead of clomid to begin with.

On to the adoption portion of our life .... Thank you everyone for your support and information. I have talked to a few people. Everyone hold on to the phone numbers and emails, I might need them. We started the process through LDS Social Services. We have received the initial paperwork, but we have decided to go through the county instead. We would love to adopt a child through LDS SS, but financially this is a better decision. In order to adopt through the church you have to pay 10% of your income... in cash, no charging it. Through the state so far we have been told it's only $500. We feel that we would be be able to provide a better home life for a child if we didn't go into major debt to get them. There are many other advantages to adopting with the county. We are going to our first orientation on May 13th. We will have to take classes and get our foster care license in order to adopt a child. So it may take a while, but at least there is hope of us having a family one day.

Obviously, we don't have a child on the way, but we have been thinking a lot about names. Our future children's names are very important to us. For a few years now we have had 2 wonderful boys names and no girls names. This has bothered me. Our boys names are very unique as far as names go but are words in most people's vocabulary. We call them "epic names". This past weekend we finally thought of an awesome girls name that will go along with the boys names. I absolutely love the name. I will tell you our names because I know no one will use them before we can ...... i hope. Boys: Legacy (his nickname will be Lego) and Talent (we haven't figured out a nickname yet. I don't like Tallie because I grew up with a boy named Brian Tallie who I didn't like very much) and our girl name is ..... Jubilee. We can't think of any middle names, does anyone have any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the meds and the adoption paperwork. I really hope one (or both!) of these work out for you.

I really like Jubilee - it's fun and different but not "out there."

I bet people would shorten Talent to Tal, not Talli. I mean, people call me Mel, not Meli.

Brooke said...

Tal is a cute nickname!!! Jubilee is very fitting after everything you're going through :) I say it doesn't matter if you adopt through the county or LDSSS as long as you base your decision around prayer. I wish you the best of luck with both of these paths in your life!!!

Lisa Miller said...

I like Brooke's comment about Jubilee. Very fitting. Good luck with that. As long you are keeping the Lord in your decision then everything will work out the way it should. Hope the new meds help.

The Gage Cage said...

I LOVE YOUR NAMES!!!!!! When I read names like that I know we are meant to be friends. I'm so glad you're being assertive with the doctors. Keep that up! Good luck! I know you and James are going to be the best parents when it happens. The children that get to join your family are VERY blessed children!