Monday, May 18, 2009

I forgot...

Sorry it has been a very long time. I thought I had updated this, but I guess I didn't.

We are now accepted and public. As of April 20th we are available to birth parents. This is the hardest part of the whole process. We have no idea if we will get a call today or next year. It's kind of hard to not put your life on hold. You can view our profile here.

While visiting my family a few weeks ago, most of the girls went shopping. We did a lot of shopping for my 5 month old niece. I snuck off to another store to keep my mind off of baby stuff. While in this store, I saw the cutest baby jacket and I bought it. This is the first and only baby item we own. I have folded it neatly and hidden it in a drawer I know I will not be opening anytime soon. We have decided to buy everything we need as soon as we find out we are getting a child. This is the best thing for us emotionally.

That's about all that's been happening on the baby front. If you know anyone who might be considering adoption, please pass our name along to them!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Even though I know the waiting game is probably exhausting, you're on your way! I've checked your blog once in a while and I was thinking of you today. I think you have an amazing positive attitude!
-cousin Amber

Cassie said...

I wanted to wish you luck and hope that very soon you can take that jacket out of the box and put it on your new baby girl or boy!! You are in my thougts and I know your dreams will come true soon!!!