Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We are officially done with infertility treatments

I had my post-op last night. The doctor told me everything looks good and that I am healing fine. I asked him what the next step would be and he explained to me that we would continue what we have been doing- Femara and insemination. At that point I told him that we wanted to wait for a while and that we are submitting paperwork to adopt a child. He told me that it's not a bad idea to take a break for as long as I need to. He said that since there aren't any pressing issues causing my infertility and I am still young that I can wait as long as I want. So the ball is in our court for that.

I will mail in our paperwork tomorrow morning. We were waiting to see what the doctor suggested for our next step. Since that doesn't seem hopefully we see no reason not to go ahead with the adoption process.

5 comments:

T said...

Good for you- you may find that things start to fall into place once you just make a decision and go with it. Best of luck:)

RMCarter said...

As an adopted child myself, I think adoption is a beautiful way to begin a family and I hope your decision brings you some peace.

I am praying the process goes quickly and smoothly for you.

The Gage Cage said...

You and James are going to be such loving parents.....no matter how you end up become parents. It will be fun to watch you with your own babies!

Anonymous said...

I bet there's some peace in making that decision. Congratulations.

Brooke said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!! I'm glad that you guys are on your way with this:) I love that they offer this service!!