Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Back at square one
Apparently the state didn't get my notice about my self-declared mental vacation. We finally heard back from the lady in charge of the screening interviews for adoption and we had our interview on monday. The interview went somewhat well. They asked us all kinds of really personal questions to try to get to know us. They asked us what kind of child we wanted and we told them a Caucasian infant. We aren't racist at all, but we want the child to feel part of the family and not have other people constantly asking them why they are a different color than us. At that point, they basically tried to talk us out of adopting through them and look into private agencies. They explained to us as adoptive parents the only infants that will be available to us are those that are drug or alcohol dependant or have major handicaps. It seems to James and I that the state system is mostly set up for foster care and not adoption. So, we are back at the LDS Social Services. We are going to start saving every penny so we can get the 8k it will take. We know we can have that much in 8 months without a problem, but it would be nice to have it sooner. We're taking donations (just kidding).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
stay strong!!!! much love, this is exciting!
Sorry to hear that avenue won't work out for you guys! You guys will get there eventually!
you can do it Kresta!
Just one more disappointment to add to your list ha? We've been taught that going through hard things makes us compassionate. I think you two will be filled with compassion after all this. My heart goes out to you and I wish I could help! You will be parents. Things are going to work out. You are blessed and loved and there is a plan for your family! Hang in there. This too shall pass. Pinch those pennies!
I just found another website for you that you may already know about...but just in case you don't here it is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LDSAdoptiveParents/
I've never been to this site but I hear it is for LDS couples going through the different stages of adoption.
If we could just see the end from the beginning this life would be so much easier. But then I guess we wouldn't need faith.
Also, one of my Laurels that I taught several years ago just adopted their first baby through LDS social services. I'm sure she would not mind you looking at her blog if you are interested.
thejennes.blogspot.com
We will continue to pray for your family.
Jill
That doesn't surprise me about the state. Dan works for Child Welfare Services and it sounds like a pain. Good luck with LDS social services. Although it costs more, you're options are probably a lot better.
Post a Comment